We are a family business with over 20 years of experience in manufacture and supply of oak frames to both consumers and trade. As part of a larger group, we source oak from Europe in consolidated quantities, as well as using state of the art design and manufacturing facilities. This allows us to:
- Design stunning oak framed garage kits and oak roof trusses
- Manufacture all our oak structures with high accuracy and quality surface finish
- Produce premium quality oak framed garage kits and oak roof trusses locally in the UK, at competitive prices
- Offer a 24-month guarantee on all supplied kits
- Offer first class customer service, including no obligation quote and advice
Our goods and services
We offer supply only oak frames and oak components as follows:
- Oak framed garage kits
- Complete oak trusses
- Oak and softwood garage doors
- Accessories (door furniture, fin plates etc.)
In addition, we can arrange services in the following areas:
- Planning application drawings
- Structural engineering drawings and approval
How to order from us
- Place all items and services you require into the basket
- At checkout, you can choose to pay the full value online, or opt to call us to pay a 50% deposit. (don’t worry, there will be opportunities to review your order and get a full refund if you decide to cancel your order)
- We will contact you within one working day to confirm details and check that you have provisions for planning and structural calculations in place if required
- You have an opportunity to cancel your order and receive a full refund at this stage (up to 2 working days from the date of order), no quibbles
- We will carry out structural calculations for your project or allow you time to obtain those yourself (this may take up to 5 working days if carried out by us)
- We will produce final CAD drawings specific to your project, following the structural calculations approval, review costs if appropriate and will send them to you for approval (this may take up to 5 working days following previous step). If there have been any alterations to the original design you requested due to structural calculations, we will tell you at this stage. You have the final opportunity to cancel your order at this stage if you are unhappy with changes. You will receive a full refund, minus the cost of structural calculations if appropriate.
- Once you have approved your drawings, we will start manufacture (this may take up to 8 weeks). At this stage, it is no longer possible to cancel your order or make alterations to the existing design.
- We will contact you shortly before the end of manufacturing process to arrange a suitable delivery date.
Design your own oak frame garage kit or oak truss
Our state of the art website, allows you to design your own oak framed garage kit or oak truss and get an instant quote as you do it. Not only that, you can spin the oak building or oak truss you have designed and see it from all sides, zoom in to have a look inside and zoom out to see the bigger picture. It is so easy, just use the sliders and select from options provided.
If you are not sure what you want, you can start with our pre-set oak garage kits or oak truss designs and customise them as you need. We will supply all necessary construction and assembly drawings as part of your order.
If you require a more complex oak garage kit design than those available here, we will be more than happy to design a bespoke garage for you. Just call us to discuss your requirements. The same goes for oak trusses. The length of the tie beam on our oak trusses on this website is limited to 6m for safety purposes. If you require a larger oak truss, please contact us for a bespoke quotation.
You need to ensure you have a necessary planning consent in place before ordering your oak garage kit or an oak roof truss from us. We are unable to accept returns due to failed planning permissions. All oak garage kits with 35-degree roof pitch are under 4m overall height, which should fall under permitted development rules, however each location is subject to specific rules, so you need to check with your local authority prior to your decision to buy from us.Please contact us for more details on this.
Our oak framed garage kits are set up to pass structural engineering calculations for most areas of the UK, however, you must obtain approval of a structural engineer specifically for the postcode, in which the oak garage will be built. You can either purchase a structural calculations package through us at a very competitive price, or you can seek your own structural engineering approval.
Our oak trusses also have in-built limitations in terms of section sizes, relative to the lengths of individual sections. This is to allow you to design an oak truss, that is structurally sound. Similarly to oak garages, you must obtain structural calculations for your oak truss. You can purchase a structural calculations package from us at a competitive price, or you can seek your own structural engineering approval.
We will carry out structural calculations and contact you if there are changes to discuss, prior to manufacture, if you have purchased a structural calculations pack from us. Should you decide to seek your own structural approval, we will contact you during the 2-day cooling off period after purchase to confirm the details. Please note that the cost of your project may change from the quotation given on this website following structural calculations. We will, of course discuss this with you prior to manufacture and you have the right to cancel the order and receive full refund (except for the cost of structural calculations), at that point, if you are not happy with the changes.
We are unable to alter the sizes of your oak structure once the manufacturing is in progress, or replace kits or their part due to altered specifications as a result of late structural calculations. If you are unsure, please call us before you make a purchase to obtain advice.
Lead times for manufacture
Our lead time for manufacture and supply of oak garage kits or oak trusses is 6 to 12 weeks from the date the structural calculations have been approved and you have agreed to altered prices and paid the difference (if this is the case following structural calculations). Oak beams can be supplied within 6 weeks, however they will be delivered at the same time as the rest of the order, if they have been ordered at the same time as the oak structure kit.
Deliveries & access to property
Please read our delivery information here.
The prices quoted include oak frame kit supply only, including softwood elements of the frame, as well as cladding. The oak frame kit will arrive ready to assemble, with all oak and softwood sections cut to size and planed all around, all joints and drill holes where appropriate, with a suitable amount of oak dowel.
We will supply an easy to understand document, which will give instructions and all necessary information to allow a local builder, carpenter or a DIY enthusiast to assemble the oak framed garage kit. We are also available 5 days a week during normal working hours for advice during assembly process.
If you are struggling to find a building contractor to assemble your oak framed garage and are located within a 100-mile radius from our manufacturing site in Sussex, we will be able to arrange assembly service, subject to a separate quotation. Please contact us for details.
You will need to find your own independent building contractor for all general building work such as groundworks, foundations, wall building, roofing, services, insulation, rendering and any other construction work.
We offer a 24-month structural defect guarantee on all supplied oak framed garage kits, oak roof trusses and oak beams. This means we will replace any elements of the oak frame, should they develop a structural defect within 2 years of delivery. We are a TRADA qualified manufacturer, using only structurally graded green oak.
Oak beams are the ultimate renewable resource – they require no industrial processing and can be used in their raw state with minimal waste and energy expended.
We are a responsible manufacturer, committed to ecological conservation. We therefore only source oak beams from properly managed sustainable supplies, preferably those carrying FSC or PEFC accreditation. Not only are green oak buildings environmentally friendly, the framing process can be 30% quicker than other modern construction methods, saving money, time and emissions.
If you would like to find out more about what it means sustainably managing forests, or the government policy on sustainable forestry and growth of British woodlands please visit the Forestry Commission Website.